Types of The Information We Collect
Personal information that refers to the identification (whether directly or indirectly) of a particular individual, such as the information you provide on our forms, surveys, applications or similar online fields; examples of identification information may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, identification number, date of birth or account information. Your information is used only to provide you with high quality financial products and services.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information from you or about you when you provide this information to us directly. For example, we may obtain personal details when you request information, products or services from us, register on ourServices or Applications, respond to surveys, contact customer support or otherwise interact with us. The information that we may collect will be in the form of:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, identification number, occupation, assets and income;
- Account history including your account balance, payment records and credit card usage; and
- Third party information (e.g. governmental, regulatory or credit agencies).
With Whom We Share Your Information
Information collected about our clients though our Services or Applications will not be transmitted without first obtaining the client's permission and detailing to the client how and where the data will be used. The National Bank will not share your personal information beyond the following parties:
- The National Bank staff, branches and subsidiaries;
- External auditors;
- Third party service providers;
- Agents acting on behalf of The National Bank; and
- Third parties with authorized access to your information. Such parties are required to observe The National Bank’s confidentiality obligations.
We do not use the Services to knowingly solicit data from, or market data to, children under the age of 13 without parental consent. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information through the Services.