The National Bank, listed on the Palestine Securities Exchange, under ticker symbol "TNB", is the second largest Palestinian bank in terms of capital and one of the country’s most trusted providers of comprehensive financial services for the corporate, retail, investment, and microfinance sectors.
At The National Bank, our motto is “Confidently Forward.” Our in-depth regional market acumen allows us to deliver stability and global best practices, making us Palestine’s modern banking alternative for clients seeking reliable, world-class financial services.
With over 8,000 shareholders, The National Bank commands the largest shareholder base within the Palestinian banking sector and attracts the most respected and successful companies and businesspersons to its board.
With a paid-up capital of $113.1 million, The National Bank has executed several successful M&A transactions in the Palestinian banking sector; in 2015, and in a groundbreaking transaction, The National Bank acquired Bank al Etihad’s operations in Palestine to become the first Palestinian bank on record to acquire a Jordanian bank. In 2018, The National Bank led a consortium acquiring a stake of 25% in Palestine Islamic Bank (PIB) in the largest transaction in the history of Palestine Stock Exchange at that time. In 2020, The National Bank also acquired the operations of the Jordan Commercial Bank (JCB) in Palestine.
The National Bank operates through 36 branches and offices throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem, and champions progressive digital offerings including e-banking, mobile banking, the digital service center, and a well-positioned network of ATMs. The National Bank was the leader to inaugurate a Palestinian branch inside Jerusalem after the absence of the Palestinian banking operations in the city for more than 50 years. In 2021, The National Bank was the first Palestinian bank to launch the onboarding digital service, reaching out to Palestinians in rural areas and contributing towards reinforcing the financial inclusion in Palestine.
To create the opportunities of success for our community by being the most responsive bank.
To be the most pioneering, innovative and robust bank.
- To consolidate our competitive position in the Palestinian banking sector to ensure the satisfaction of our shareholders by achieving the best return on investments.
- To adopt a pioneering approach and provide innovative and integrated digital services that meet the aspirations of our customers, by being the fastest responsive bank.
- To build and develop a professional and innovative team capable of providing optimal services.
- To improve the customer's experience by upgrading our services and achieving excellent results in the customer satisfaction indicators, using "NPS" matric.
- To enhance and develop our supervisory role and achieve the highest levels of banking transparency and governance.
- To ensue a sustainable social impact and enhance our pioneering role in serving our community and supporting the national economy.
- To promote effectiveness and optimal utilization of available resources and digital development through digitization, centralization of operations and automation to improve our services.
- To accelerate growth by achieving the best financial and operational indicators.
Born from a merger between Al Rafah Microfinance Bank and the Arab Palestinian Investment Bank (APIB) in 2012, The National Bank has progressively transformed itself from a microfinance banking institution to a universal banking solutions and premium corporate, retail, and investment banking services provider. Since operation, the Bank has consistently experienced strong growth year on year and has maintained its history of strong performance to achieve an average annual growth of 40% in deposits and credit facilities, high levels of liquidity (loan to deposit ratio) and a robust capital adequacy ratio. To support its rapid progress, The National Bank upgraded its core banking system in 2017 to the market-leading, innovative, and technologically advanced platform, Temenos T24. This platform was designed to enhance the Bank’s competitive position and provide greater long-term value for clients by delivering a more responsible and agile service through rigorous execution.
About Al-Rafah Microfinance Bank
Al-Rafah Microfinance Bank was established in 2005 by a group of reputable Palestinian entrepreneurs and institutions as a specialized microfinance institution. The bank’s mission was to develop the microfinance sector in Palestine by facilitating access to finance for these underserved enterprises. Al-Rafah Microfinance Bank was publicly listed, boasting at the time the largest shareholder base in the Palestinian banking sector with over 18,000 shareholders.
About the Arab Palestinian Investment Bank
The Arab Palestinian Investment Bank was established in 1997 as a partnership between the Enterprise Investment Company, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the German Investment and Development Corporation and the Arab Bank Ltd. As the first of its kind in Palestine, the Arab Palestinian Investment Bank’s mandate was to offer investment banking services and become the focal point for advisory and financial management of internationally funded development projects and programs. The bank was IFC’s first investment in Palestine.