The National Bank (TNB), is seeking to hire a “Treasury Manager” to work at the bank’s headquarter in Ramallah, Palestine according to the following requirements:
Job Title: Treasury Manager
to: Chief Banking Officer (CBO)Reports
- Administrative and technical supervision of the Treasury Department.
- Employing and managing the bank’s funds effectively with the highest standards.
- Providing investment services to achieve maximum profitability for the bank, in line with the bank’s strategic objectives and vision.
The post holder will:
- Prepare the strategic plan and budget for the Treasury department and submit it to the line manager for approval as per the bank’s policies.
- Achieve the financial goals set out in the Treasury Department's budget.
- Manage the bank’s cash liquidity to fulfill the bank’s targets, while working within the guidelines of the Palestine Monetary Authority (PMA) and the caps specified in the insurance policy for the cash transfer.
- Ensure that the investments and operations of the Treasury department are in line with the bank’s strategic plan and the guidelines of the PMA.
- Prepare and analyze market studies to develop long and short-term investment strategies.
- Review, develop and update the department's work policies and procedures in line with the bank’s directions and PMA’s instructions.
- Monitor the work of the Treasury department to ensure compliance with PMA guidelines.
- Supervise the department's operations and ensure the integrity of records, in line with the work procedures and PMA guidelines.
- Review the balances and positions of correspondent banks, their balances, remittances, and address any related issues.
- Review and follow up any changes occur in the status of correspondent banks before sending them to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Review cash flow projections, deviations and budgets set in the annual plan, analyze drivers, and present the necessary recommendations to amend deviations.
- Follow up on reserves in US dollars and other currencies with the PMA.
- Manage the money market operations to ensure the bank’s liquidity in line with PMA guidelines.
- Manage liquidity and treasury operation risks for the bank and balance these risks whilst achieving required profitability by using appropriate financial instruments to cover the risks of fluctuations in currency rates, interest rates and commodity prices.
- Invest surplus liquidity in line with the adopted policy to achieve profitability for the bank and follow the PMA guidelines.
- Manage the open positions of the bank and its branches according to the approved work procedures and PMA guidelines.
- Decide to hold or liquidate open positions in accordance with the PMA guidelines and in coordination with the direct manager.
- Supervise cash shipping operations with branches, other banks, and money transfer companies, according to the relevant approved instructions.
- Develop recommendations for short and long-term borrowing operations.
- Manage the treasury team, evaluate their performance, and recommend training programs.
- Carry out any tasks assigned by the direct manager in relation to treasury business.
Academic qualifications and experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, or any related fields with a minimum ten years of experience in the banking sector.
A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or any related fields with a minimum of eight years of experience in the banking sector.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
Personal & Technical skills:
- In-depth knowledge of market risk
- A skilled leader with an innovative and creative personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional team management skills
- Skilled negotiator
- Ability to prepare studies, analysis, and reports
How to apply:
Interested candidates should upload send their resumes with a cover letter by email to TNBJobs@tnb.ps, to arrive no later than November, 23 2020 at 17:00 Palestine local time.
Please include the following reference in your correspondence: “Treasury Manager”.
The National Bank is an equal opportunity institution and is committed to achieving workforce diversity at every level. All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.