Project Management Officer
As a Project Management Officer you will lead cross-functional teams focused on projects that deliver business outcomes to achieve our objectives. Supported by a team of experts in various project management disciplines, include agile, lean & portfolio management. You will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of our business, while leading people through our project life cycle ensuring projects are on target and transparent with status, issues, and risks.
- Independently leads highly complex cross-departmental project/support assignments and/or participates in cross-departmental projects with responsibility for managing scope, risk, business value, schedule and budget.
- Accountable for identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team at a portfolio/program level.
- With department management, defines the objectives to be accomplished by the project team. With the team, develops the project plan. May direct team members to determine the best methods to achieve project objectives.
- Allocates staff and budget resources required to achieve project objectives. Identifies and solves a range of problems. Analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures, developing a recommended approach.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and revising project deliverables; for gathering and delivering metrics as required by the project. At the direction of project manager lead, develops presentations and communications which incorporate a clear understanding of corporate communications theory and practice.
- Identifies alternative options in the development and enhancements for new policies, processes and systems that help realize efficiencies and cost savings for the departments.
- Responsible to manage project risk through the development, maintenance and revision of reports and tracking tools. Using approved methodologies uses all available tools to identify potential problems before they occur.
- Understands the key business drivers as they relate to the projects. Adapts to the various internal procedures and forms close links with the business partner representatives, ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, scope and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
- Effectively interact, negotiate and influence project teams and business partners to provide acceptable solutions and results. Acts as a liaison to facilitate an understanding and partnership between business clients. He/she will manage the resources and vendors assigned to their projects by verifying progress and removing obstacles.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Academic Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in, Business, Project Management, or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience/knowledge in processes and project management to include analysis, documentation.
- Native Arabic speaker
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Personal & Technical skills:
- Ability to work with general direction to scope, plan and manage cross-department or multi-department projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large and highly complex assignments including those with enterprise-wide impact.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Seen as a team player and is supportive of group decisions and ideas.
- Written and oral communications skills with the ability to build rapport within the company, field and /or outside vendors.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard project management tools (for example, Microsoft Project, Clarity, PPM).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should upload their Resumes with a cover letter by email to email@example.com, to arrive no later than February, 18 2021.
Please include the following reference in your correspondence: "Project Management Officer"
The National Bank is an equal opportunity institution and is committed to achieving workforce diversity at every level.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted