Chief Banking Officer (CBO)
The National Bank (TNB), is seeking to hire a "Chief Banking Officer (CBO)" to work at the bank’s headquarter in Ramallah, Palestine according to the following requirements:
Job Title: Chief Banking Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Credit Facilities Group (Corporate Credit Facilities Department, SMEs Department, Strategic Credit Department)
- Retail Group (Retail Department, Direct Sales Department, Platinum Unit)
- District Managers (Branches, District Collection Officer)
- Treasury Department
- Administrative and technical supervision of the bank’s business group.
- Effective management of the bank’s credit portfolios to maintain quality and manage risks while following the approved lending policies.
- Budget target Achievement in line with the bank’s vision and strategic approaches.
The post holder will:
- Ability to strategize and plan lending programs for the bank in line with the bank’s vision and objectives.
- Supervise market studies and follow up on political and economic fluctuations and interest rates.
- Supervise the bank’s Corporate Credit Facilities Group, Retail Group, and the Treasury Department directly, in addition to the branches, through the District Managers.
- Follow up the performance of the credit facilities portfolios for the credit groups.
- Experience with complex credit analysis and financial statement analysis.
- Supervise the development, approval, and implementation of programs to ensure growth in customers’ deposits and credit portfolios, including the corporate, retail and SMEs sectors.
- Follow-up sales achievements of deposits and facilities targets, and suggest plans based on market study and bank strategy.
- Manage customers’ credit facilities through field visits to current and potential customers.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and professionalism to represent the bank to customers and to the public.
- Supervise and monitor the bank’s lending activities for the business sectors in the governorates and ensure adherence to the bank’s adopted policies and procedures
- Monitor the quality of services provided to customers to ensure its accordance with the bank's credit policy.
- Follow up on joint programs with local, regional, and international partners.
- Work with relevant departments to produce required periodic and non-periodic reports to the Chief Executive Officer as and when needed.
- Liaise with District Managers to monitor the customers’ credit facilities in the bank’s branches.
- Monitor periodically, the financial and sales targets achieved by the bank’s branches.
- Follow the PMA regulations and the adopted internal policies and procedures when granting credit facilities through the subordinated departments.
- Protect and maintain high level confidential information
- Carry out administrative tasks and follow-ups related to the business group and participate in various committees as per internal procedures and policies.
- Supervise and manage the risk of credit portfolios in the business group effectively, in accordance with the approved credit policy, and in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Supervise the implementation of the Treasury Department’s annual budget targets to ensure achieving profitability.
- Provide recommendations for the treasury deals executed in the international markets for the bank and on behalf of the customers to ensure profitability.
- Supervise and review the work of the subordinated departments.
- Abide with the approved authorities’ matrix at the bank.
- Supervise and evaluate the managers of the related departments, in addition to setting the appropriate development plans.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by the Chief Executive Officer and are related to the work of the subordinated departments.
Academic qualifications and work experience:
A Bachelor's degree in either Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or any related field with a minimum of fifteen years of experience in the banking sector.
A Master’s degree in either Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or any related field with a minimum of twelve years of experience in the banking field.
- Native Arabic speaker
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Personal & Technical skills:
- Development and implementation of strategic plans
- Excellent leadership skills and capability to mentor and motivate subordinate staff to meet/or exceed expectations
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Highly effective negotiator
- Extensive network and connections with relevant parties and authorities
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resumes with a cover letter by email to TNBJobs@tnb.ps, to arrive no later than November, 23 2020 at 17:00 Palestine local time.
Please include the following reference in your correspondence: “Chief Banking Officer”.
The National Bank is an equal opportunity institution and is committed to achieving workforce diversity at every level. All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.